Saturday, April 30, 2011

Dos Equis Direct

Last Friday I was talking to my manager David Ludlow, who the head of HCM Solution management. I asked him why companies still send out paper pay checks to employees. He mentioned some interesting facts about paper checks.

Some employees do not want direct deposit, especially for overtime and special shift pay. This is because they give the regular pay check to their wives and use the extra money for recreation such as beer.

I thought this was a great scenario for people centric thinking. Taking that overtime paycheck and going to the bar with friends is a perfectly plausible scenario. I thought how about directly depositing a portion of your paycheck into a separate bank account that your wife does not know. This feature ought to be very popular with at least 50% of the workforce.

I am going to pitch this project to my colleagues in development. Since many of them are Germans and Hungarians, I am pretty confident they will understand. I even have a code name the project. 'Dos Equis Direct'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...