Saturday, September 14, 2013

Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood by Marjane Satrapi

Today afternoon, my friend and colleague Kouros told me that I must check out the book, PersepolisThe Story of a Childhood by Marjane Satrapi. Kouros knows about my approach of story telling to design products, and educate customers about enterprise software products.

In her book Persepolis, the author tells the story of her childhood in Iran through stories and pictures. It is fascinating to see how she conveys powerful concepts and interesting perspectives via stories and pictures. I have not gone through the entire book. I plan to.

Kouros and I were wondering if we can communicate all product information via stories and pictures to make it easy for colleagues and customers to understand the details of complex enterprise software.

Imagine that with every quarterly release from SuccessFactors you get a story book rather than release notes. A story that tells you all the details of the release. Informative and even fun to read.

It is a lofty goal. I know. However we have had some success with the story telling approach to educate colleagues and partners in the SAP SuccessFactors integration strategy. Emboldened by that success, I am going to try the approach on my session on integration strategy at the  SuccessFactors customer Seminars in November and December this year.

Sample from Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...