Saturday, March 07, 2015

Book - The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up

I read the book "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" by Marie Kondo. It is a wonderful book and has already started changing my life significantly.  Although the book is categorized as a house keeping book, it could also be categorized under philosophy or psychology.

Ironically, I got rid of over 150 books, among other things, after reading this book. Tidying up your space has the same effect on your mind as meditation or exercise.

Complexity has not only crept into our work spaces, but has also crept into our lives and houses. At work, I think everyday about simplifying business and realized that I can't do it if I do not simplify my personal life.

The author suggests that discarding what does not give you joy is the best way to go about it. Once you take that mind set many clothes you own, many books on your shelf and many things in your cupboards start looking unnecessary.

Run Your Life Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...